Wednesday, June 16, 2010

woensdag 16 juni 2010

woensdag 16 juni 2010 Up at BBC News. They say it's the 34th anniversary of the Soweto Uprising. An eyewitness tells of her experience - teargas, gunshots, screaming, panic, chaos.

The vuvuzelas in the sports report keep me awake. Dijon mustard and cheddar omelet on rice for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Interesting show. Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) - my Rep. - chats with Steph about the Obama's speech last night and our economic condition. He refers to a book - Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy - by the winner of the 2001 Nobel Memorial Prize for Economics - Joseph E. Stiglitz.

Joseph E. Stiglitz is a really smart guy. Pay attention to what he says. Steph also talks with Chris Matthews about his special tonight - The Rise Of The New Right. He says that his special will scare the heck out of liberals. (Sensing a doomsday theme today.) Shower. Walk over to M Street Grocery to pick up some things. Oops. I forgot eggs. Drop off stuff at home. Streetcar to work. We are "severely under-staffed" today. Even Andy is out. Lots of 45-minute lunches. Kenn is subbing for Charmaine today. 10 to 10:30 - I give Kenn 30 minutes to make adjustments to a table. The 6 Seahorses play with Play-doh (the real colorful stuff). Some people think its good to eat.


Over to the Sea Otters from 10:30 to 11:15. Tough room. The kids are not adjusting to the transition. But we take 5 of them out to the playground. The Starfish join us, too. That's convenient for me. I'm doing Renee's lunch at 11:15. We guide the Starfish from outside to inside. Kathy is setting up lunches. While the kids have circle time with Christin. Austin sits in my lap and gives me hugs. My buddy, Austin. They eat lunch. Christin changes diapers. I get the kids settled for nap time. Stanley is a new kid, and he doesn't quite understand of the concept of nap time. But he's the most tired. I do a few diapers. Renee is back. 12:15 - Christin's lunch. The Starfish go to sleep easily. We clean up the lunch mess. I fold some laundry. 1:30 to 2 - Jenny is Pam. I take 3 Sea Otters outside. There - they're happy. 2 - Over to Summer Camp for Leisha's lunch. As usual, some of them sleep, and some of them don't. Sharyn and I hand out books. I see they have Larry Gets Lost In Seattle. (Is this a child's guide to survival in Seattle if you get lost?)

Streetcar to d'town. Walk up to my place. One load of white laundry to do. Play a podcast of Weekday from KUOW while I wash my whites - Living In A World With No Ice Caps. Another Doomsday scenario... but I didn't know it was so serious and complicated. I listen to the whole hour with much interest and dread. And they discuss the Seattle scenario. Gulp.

Turn on France 24. It's The Debate and Jennifer Lind - author of Sorry States: International Apologies In International Politics is debating with others about the implications of England paying apoligies to Northern Ireland.

Do a load of laundry. Bump into J R at the elevator. He tweaks my nipples. Hello. Chili spaghetti for dinner. Watch the Chris Matthews special.

No comments:

Post a Comment