Friday, June 25, 2010

vrijdag 25 juni 2010

vrijdag 25 juni 2010 Up with alarm. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She can't make it to the show. She flew into L. A. at 4:00 AM. JFK closed its main runway. So, Steph experienced a 3 hour delay. Poor Steph. John Fugelsang subs for her. John has a fascinating interview with Derrick Crowe. He's critical of our country's tendency to wage violence in the world. As a Christian (Episcopalian), Derrick believes the teachings of Jesus bar the use of violence in conflict. This guy just nailed my problem with the woman who called in and argued with Allen Grayson about guns and butter. The intensity of the fear, desperation, anger and almost hatred in her voice that Grayson was going to take away aerospace/ military jobs was amazing. I wonder how anyone can sleep well at night knowing our predator drones are killing children and families in Afghanistan? Why is that okay? Just a complete disconnect. Anyway... Fried egg on rice and black beans for breakfast. Shower. Switch to the World Cup on ESPN Radio. It's Brazil vs Portugal. I like the stadium in Durban, South Africa.

Seven yellow cards in the first half. Ridiculous. The players become very cautious. The match becomes conservative and boring. But everyone is happy when Cristiano Ronaldo gets the ball.

It's a heavy drizzle this morning. Not expected. Walk through the underground walkways in d'town Seattle and over to the streetcar. I see the Trailblazers & Explorers at my station. They're going to Whole Foods for a field trip. They're going to have fun. They'll get a kick out of the statues in front of the store. I hear that Whole Foods treat kids like royalty.

10 to 10:40 - Set up nap mats for Trailblazers & Explorers. I see the same blankets and cuddlies that I've seen for the past 3 or 4 years. 11 - Out the the playground where the Sea Otters are playing. It's time for Pam's lunch. Anne heads in early with 3 of them. I stay outside with the other 4. Yachea has set up the lunch rather early, but it pays off. The Sea Otters are falling to pieces. Lunchtime is their relief, but most of them are too tired to eat. 12 - Anne's lunch. The Sea Otters sleep. I clean up the lunch mess. Pam looks exhausted. She just sits in the rocking chair thinking about life. (Life is work. Death is rest.) 1 - Kenn's lunch. He's subbing for Elaine. The 6 Dolphins sleep. I'm listening to the music... My Monkey Is Missing. It's funny. But Emma wakes up early and screams at me. Oy! Jessica swoops down next to her to calm her down. Emma never goes back to sleep. 2 - Darnell's lunch. The Summer Campers went to the Seattle Center. They're tired. Most of them sleep at nap time, but I get to talk to Zachary. I rub a few backs. Justin, Lucinda and Graham fall asleep for me. I sign out for another pay period. Streetcar to d'town. It's weird. There's a camera crew and a bunch of extra riding and filming on the streetcar. Am I going to be in a streetcar commercial? #71 bus tunnel to Uwaimaya to get some stuff. #41 bus tunnel back to my place. Drop off stuff. Take a walk - zig and zag between the avenues between Pike and Pine. I see that the Fox Sports Grill is showing the USA vs Ghana match tomorrow... 11:30.

Hey Fox Sports Grill! You are exploiting the situation with those expressive beer prices. Me? I'm going to a friend's place to imbibe some Bloody Marias... for free! I have plans to watch the match at Michael's place. There are a lot of tourists in town. Back at my place. Turn on podcast of The World. I barely listen. Too tired. Watch a little France 24. Finish burrito for dinner. Play movie - Jason and the Argonauts with Jason London as Jason.







I can't finish the movie. Night, night.

No comments:

Post a Comment