Thursday, June 3, 2010

donderdag 3 juni 2010

donderdag 3 juni 2010 Up with alarm. Push the snooze. Uff da. Turn on France 24. Oy! They talk about the oil spill. Report - BP Resume Efforts To Plug Leak. US officials warn that an oil slick could reach the beaches of north-west Florida by Friday. La Douce Louisiane Faces British Onslaught Again. One of the Observers visits Barataria, a community whose economy is exclusively dependant upon the ocean. Here is Barataria.

View Larger Map

The oysters in Barataria Bay are healthy and growing, but because of the oil now threatening their leases, oystermen fear this year's crop could be a total loss. A way of life is threatened. Spaghetti and fried egg for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Face The Grayson is fantastic! It was nice to hear Grayson do a smackdown on a right-wing tool. Whack! Pow! Thwap! Comic book style! Up to Kaladi with my little Samsung to get some coffee. Jeremiah wrote the lyrics to a song by The Doors to his dry-erase board. Who, me? I'm thinking, "Hello! How are you? Can I join in your game?"



A little walk around First Hill before going to work. Up Westlake. 10 to 12 - Planning time for Kris, then she takes a lunch break. Kenn covers for Olivia's P-T. The 7 Seahorses are running around half-naked and shoeless in the Bike Room. Kenn and I both know that it's a pain to get these kids clothed and shod before going to Dance Class. It's a minor miracle that we make it up there on time. Someone is having a melt-down. Kenn dances with the kids. I sit in the back. I'm recovering from the child's melt-down. A parent tries to help... It's doesn't help. Relief to get back to class and let them run on the deck. The Seahorses eat from their lunchboxes. It works. 1 - The Seahorses are all asleep. Kris helps me fold laundry. 2 - Patty's lunch. The Sea Otters are napping. Charmaine and I talk about the impending transition on June 11th. She's calm about it while I'm worried. Walk up to Whole Foods to get some Blackened Chicken salad. Drop off stuff and change clothes. Turn on The World. They talk about the big sinkhole in Guatemala City.

Yes. That's an amazing-looking sinkhole. Report - Beneath Guatemala Sinkhole. Short walk up to B'way via Union, turn down Pine to get back to my place. It feels like a pedestrian-friendly walk. Nice. Watch Hardball and Countdown. Keith - George Bush Joins Facebook. Funny. Spaghetti with Blackened Chicken for dinner. I start to watch Angels & Demons, but I can't follow it to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment