Thursday, June 10, 2010

donderdag 10 juni 2010

donderdag 10 juni 2010 Turn on Stephanie Miller. They talk about the irony of BP telling its customers to clean up their spills. It was posted on Rachel Maddow's blog - Pic: 'You are responsible for spills'

They also mock Carly Fiorina mercilessly about her catty remarks... What is with that hair? Oy! We're facing the worst environmental disaster in the history of this nation, when unemployment is threatening the middle class in an unprecedented way and corporate interests have unlimited means at their disposal to prop up evil failed CEOs. Yuck! YouTube vid for you...

Hashbrowns and 2 fried eggs for breakfast. Up to Kaladi for some coffee and a croissant (for lunch). I ask Jeremiah about the Rock-N-Roll Marathon... He's not going to do it this year. Oh, well. Walk around First Hill. Up Westlake to work. I have a fairly normal schedule. 10 - Pam meets with Anne about their new group. Teresa seems a little revved up... which is unusual for her. She wants to take the group for a rope walk. We can't find the survival pack... but we go on a little walk anyway. Teresa doesn't know how to prepare or to think ahead. Man! I tell her that we need to go back. The Bike Room is empty, so we go in early. 11 - Up to Moons & Stars for a short break for Sharyn. We move the kids from the big playground to the classroom. 11:15 to 11:45 - Lunch set-up for Dolphins and Sea Otters. 12 - Pam's lunch. I eat my croissant with the Dolphins. They seem hungry. Lunchtime lasts a while 25 minutes. I do the diapers while Teresa cleans up the lunch mess. The kids are tired. They conk out fast... but Piper says 'no' to nap time. I ask her, "Are you ready to go to sleep now?" "No." Oh, well (again). 1 - Teresa's lunch. I try to get Piper to sleep by singing lots of soft songs. I can tell she's tired but she keeps herself awake. 2 - Teresa comes back and I cover Patty's break. Teresa gets Piper to sleep in 10 minutes. I hear a little resistance. But the 4 Sea Otters are sleeping soundly. Charmaine is cutting up photos for another photo album. She's nostalgic for this group... a great group, I'll admit. Caitlin and Evanan wake up. Evanan wants me to read the Firetruck Book, but I need to go home. He gets upset with me. Streetcar to d'town. Drop of stuff at home. Walk up to Elliott Bay Books. Browse the childrens' section and I buy the Children's Illustrated Encyclopedia. It's too good for just kids. It's for me!

Back to my place. Why do I like the European news? Because they ask interesting questions... like one from the Guardian - What Would The BP Oil Spill Look Like At Your Home? Wow. It's rather disturbing from this perspective.

A website called If It Was My Home - Visualizing The BP Oil Spill. This is my home - Seattle.

Updates from Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow about the oil spill. Spaghetti and turkey sausage for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment