Thursday, June 17, 2010

donderdag 17 juni 2010

donderdag 17 juni 2010 The alarm stuns me when it goes off. Get up, Mike. Turn on BBC News. Listen to the Thursday Strand. I like the bit about Van Morrison - Van The Man to his fans. Chili on toast for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She really crows for President Obama's meeting with the oil-spillers. The President emerges from a meeting with BP executives with an agreement for a $20 billion independently-run account for claims from Gulf Coast residents.

Shower. I get into the silly stuff, it seems when I play with YouTube. I found this... Jerry O'Connell's Life In A Speedo. By the way, is that really a Speedo?

Back to more serious stuff. Watch C-SPAN 3 to watch the Congressional investigation of the BP spill. Opening statements. Oh! A woman covered in oil makes a scene. The gavel is hammered. Security swoops down. Then, they start. Progressive Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)... "How could you do that?" Then, there's Congressman Barton (R- TX)... Barton Apologizes To BP; Accuses White House Of 'Shakedown' Man! What a jerk!

Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) corrects his colleague - THAT JERK, BARTON. "I could not just disagree more strongly... This is, in my opinion, the American government working at its best." he says. I want to hear more, but I need to go to work. Drop by Whole Foods. Their hot bar is open early, so I get some Tandoori Chicken and Coconut Ride for my lunch. 10 to 11 - Extra support for the Dolphins. Jessica gets them outside on the deck and on the playground. Yachea is subbing for Elaine. 11 - Jessica's lunch. We take the Dolphins inside. Jenny sets up lunches. I eat my lunch with the group. Yachea changes diapers while I set out mats. 12 - Pam's lunch. Seven Sea Otters are going down for naps. Wow! What a lunch mess! I take time with the kids to help them settle down on their nap mats. Odin is not pro-nap. When Michelle comes in to give me a break, I leave Odin to her. He's asleep when I come back. Chiyo wakes up a couple times, but I rock her back to sleep. Finally, it's peace-and-quiet. 1 - Anne's lunch. The kids are sleeping. 2 - Yachea's lunch. A couple Dolphins (early-risers) are outside with Jessica. I watch Gregory and Lucas sleep. When Lucas wakes up, he seems happy to see me. Walk up Westlake to my place. My back is aching. Turn on The World. They talk about the difference between Slovakia and Slovenia. The two countries are often confused. It's funny.

Or

Turn on France 24. Shock! Desperation! C'est choquant! Report - France Loses To Mexico 2 To 0 At The World Cup. Watch MSNBC. Rachel Maddow reports Dance Of The Oil Skimmers. Watch Star Trek - Tourabout Intruder.

No comments:

Post a Comment