Wednesday, June 23, 2010

woensdag 23 juni 2010

woensdag 23 juni 2010 Up with alarm. I want to sleep. OK, Mike. Get up. Nice deep meditation. Left-over burrito and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Christine Romans talks about the financial ramifications of the BP Oil Disaster. This month, BP's stock hit a 14-year-low. Since the oil disaster began, the company has lost half of its market value. Switch to today's World Cup match - Algeria vs USA.

Wow. What an energetic game. USA frantic to make a goal. Try, try again. President Clinton is biting his finger nails. Me, too. Right at the last minute... "GOOOOOOOAL!" The minutes run out, and the American players pile on each other. History-making! Absolutely incredible!

I'm buzzed on the match and coffee. Streetcar to work. 10 to 2 - Pam's planning time, her lunch break and Anne's lunch break. I'm with the Sea Otters. I take 3 of the group out to the playground. Kathy covers for Anne. Eventually, the other 3 come outside, too. We have lunch set-up, fortunately. Anne comes back early to help to get us ready for nap time while the kids eat. Eventually, the group is asleep. Anne thanks me for putting up with the chaos. I shrug my shoulders. I'm actually feeling fairly relaxed. It's true... Toddlers are a work-in-progress. (Inside my brain, I'm hearing "Only Thing To Do - Is Jump Over The Moon.") It's a little leap of faith that All Will Be Resolved.

1 - Anne's lunch. It's nice and quiet. 2 - Upstairs to to Sunshine kids to give Margot a break. Yarrow, Sara and Elise are sleeping. Elise wants to talk with me when she wakes up. We read the Firetruck book together. Walk up Westlake and up 7th - listening to The World on my radio. Interesting report - Moscow's Metro 'Station Of Suicides'

At my place, turn on KOMO News. Yes! It's official. Seattle has finally joined the 75 degree club. (Actually, our high maxed out Wednesday at 77°). Only took us 273 days, and we're a full month behind Alaska. Cconut rice and Tandoori chicken for dinner. Watch movie - WALL-E.





No comments:

Post a Comment