Thursday, December 30, 2010

donderdag 30 december 2010

donderdag 30 december 2010 Up with alarm. Turn on NPR News. Report - Goodbye (Again) To The Last Rolls Of Kodachrome Film. Hard boiled egg and couscous for breakfast. Watch last night's Rachel Maddow... but it's her producer who is hosting the show - Push Comes To Shovel. With Google Earth, I play around in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. What a pleasant city. I heard about it on The World - Violence Impacts Mexico Tourism. Shower. Walk up Westlake to work in 31 °F with crystal blue skies listening to Weekday. Steve is in a musical mood again - Song That Sings The Year 2010. People call in with great suggestions. I want to call in, too, with my favorite - All Day Day Light by The Morning Benders... but I can't.

The song is catchy and brilliant. They use the 4 seasons in their video. For me, it's a connection to Berkeley, California where the band comes from and where my niece lives now. Another caller recommends This Is The Song (Good Luck) by the Punch Brothers. I love that one, too. A sad song in contrast to my happy song. I'm with the 5 Sea Otters most of the day. I give Pam some planning time and a lunch break. Kathy covers for Anne. The kids are playing in the Bike Room. I set up lunches while Kathy does the diapers. We open the gate so that the Sea Otters and Dolphins go back and forth. Greg likes me to read Elmo: Clap Your Hands. It's a puppet book.

Go to the staff lounge on my break. Lots of goodies - bagels, cookies, punch, veggies and dip. When I go back to the classroom, the kids are already going down for naps. Everyone sleeps (except me). Over to Dolphins for Kenn's break. Two are awake already. We go down to the Bike Room and hang out with some Starfish. Walk up Whole Foods. I need coffee, wine, soda and food. Down to my place. Play podcast of The World. A memorial to honor Germany’s gay Holocaust victims is being opposed by an unlikely group. Report - Lesbians Oppose Memorial To Gay Holocaust Victims. This is the movie in dispute.

Turn on the Nightly News and Hardball. Cholay chicken and spaghetti for dinner. Watch Star Trek Enterprise - Damage.

Also watch Fireball XL-5 Vol. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment