Saturday, December 4, 2010

zaterdag 4 december 2010

zaterdag 4 december 2010 Post #666! Up at 2:20. Play movie - Young Frankenstein. There are so many extremely funny scenes, but I love Dr. Frederick Frankenstein's nacht mare. Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [dreaming] I am not a Frankenstein! I'm a Fronkensteen! Don't give me that. I don't believe in fate. And I won't say it. [pauses] All right, you win. You win. I give. I'll say it. I'll say it. I'll say it. DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME!

I fall back to sleep in the middle of the movie. Up again at 7:55. Turn on KEXP to listen to Fair and Eat The State.

Tandoori chicken and couscous for breakfast. Shower. It's getting bright outside. Clear blue skies. But it's only 37° Walk around Capitol Hill. Down to the library to browse through the travel books. Back at my place. Turn on KBCS to listen to The Hawaiian Radio Connection. That warms me up. I hear Punahoa Slack by Ledward Kaapana.


I guess that Ledward Kaapana got a Grammy nomination. Switch to Rick Steves' program. He chats with author Bill Bryson about his book At Home: A Short History Of Private Life. They discuss the concepts of comfort and privacy. Rick goes on to life in ancient Greece. When I hear "Diogenes lived in a bath tub" I stop and research this philosopher guy who actually met Alexander The Great. Diogenes of Sinope... whose attitude was grounded in a great disdain of folly, pretense, vanity, self-deception and the artificiality of much human conduct. He was one of the founders of Cynic philosophy. Here is Diogenes living in a bath tub.

Rice and turkey sausage for dinner. Watch movie - The Last Starfighter. Trivia: The alien script seen on the computer screens in the movie is actually Hebrew with some variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment