Wednesday, December 8, 2010

woensdag 8 december 2010

woensdag 8 december 2010 Up at 3:44. Turn on France 24. Heavy snowfall and below-freezing temperatures continue to disrupt travel across northern Europe. Report - Europe's Big Freeze Latest Updates.

Also, I watch last night's Rachel Maddow.

"What is happening now is that this presidency is at risk of becoming a punch line," she says. "It's not that he has lost a fight or two or three or four. It's that the very idea that he knows how to win or even wants to win has become a joke. . . . When this president starts to be ignored, when what he wants, his political vision becomes irrelevant. . . . If the president cannot win when his party is the majority in Congress, if no one can even conceive of the president winning fights when his party is in the majority, let alone the minority in Washington, then the presidency itself starts to atrophy. It starts to disappear."

Couscous and egg salad for breakfast. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Paul Katami, one of the plaintiffs in the Prop. 8 Marriage Equality Case in California, calls in to talk about the case’s appellate hearings this week. It's 50 degrees outside. So, I'm wearing shorts. Walk up to Kaladi for some of Jeremiah's cafĂ© fantástico. I also buy a Kaladi baseball cap for the Xmas box. Back to my place for a Shower. Wow! It's really raining hard. I hope that it lets up before I go to work. It does stop! I walk part way on foot. Streetcar the rest of the way. Breaks for Toni, Pam, Kenn and Kathy. I'm with the Dolphins and Sea Otters today. Maddie wakes up early from her nap. We go down to the Bike Room. She wants to read books. Lots of books. I read a new one - Papa, Do You Love Me?

This story takes place on the Serengeti. A Maasai boy verbally tests the limits of his father's love. He answers his son: "I love you more than the warrior loves to leap, more than the bush baby loves the moon, more than the elder loves his stories." Walk up to Capitol Hill. Catch a #49 to d'town. I manage to miss the rain again, because as soon I turn towards my apartment building, I feel drops of rain. Turn on KOMO News. They report on This Morning's Crazy Weather.

Watch episode of Star Trek Voyager - Future's End. After encountering a Federation timeship from the future, Voyager is flung back to 20th century Earth. "C'mon, Tuvok. Take off your shirt."

Spaghetti and Turkey Sausage for dinner. I conk out right after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment