Saturday, December 11, 2010

zaterdag 11 december 2010

zaterdag 11 december 2010 Up at 4:58. Turn on France 24. Top story - Cancun Climate Summit Agrees Deal. Delegates from 190 nations reach a deal to curb climate change, including a fund to help developing countries. Members of the Sierra Club symbolically bury their heads in the sand to demonstrate against countries they say are avoiding the climate change issue, on a beach in Cancun.

Tofu salad sandwich for breakfast. Shower. Walk around First Hill. Over to Kaladi for some of Luka's laudable coffee. I see cute Mark working at Victrola Coffee. I haven't seen him in a long time. Back to my place. Check the weather. Watch more France 24. I enjoy their show The Observers. Students across England are angry about tuition hikes. But not all students demonstrate with violence. Report - Student Protest, Cambridge-Style: Tea, Yoga, Knitting, Dancing.

Michael picks me up in his new Black-Cherry Mazda. The smell of a new car! He drives me to the Bellevue Library for my STARS training on Learning Through Play. The library in beautiful... and popular.

I love the sculpture of a head out front.

The training is of interest. How do children learn through play? It seems that dramatic play is essential for brain development... social and emotional development. Dramatic play promotes abstract thinking. When children use a prop (like a block) to stand for something else (a phone for instance), they are learning to think using symbols. I summon Michael with my cell when the class is over. It's raining now. A little traffic on 520. I'm home by 12:50. Thank you, Michael, for driving me back and forth. Back at my place. Play podcast of Wait, Wait. Then Rick Steves' program about Winter Holiday traditions in Europe. I get nostalique when Chistophe talks about walking through Le Jardin Du Luxembourg on a snowy day.

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Watch Batman - The Ring Of Wax. Michael recommended that I should acquire the Pandora App, and I do. I spend the rest of the evening training my iPad to get my favorite music. I rather like my Jason Mraz Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment