Friday, January 9, 2015

donderdag 8 januari 2015

donderdag 8 januari 2015 For midnight - hot soy cream and a peanut butter sandwich... and Star Trek: The Tholian Web. The USS Defiant in interphase. Defiant will turn up again somewhere sometime.
Try to watch Pacific Rim, but I couldn't understand the story, so I turn it off and sleep. Up at 8:20. Watch France 24. Thousands of people are gathering are gathering for a second night in Place de la République to mourn the police officers, cartoonists and journalists who were killed at the Charlie Hebdo massacre.
About 100 people gathered last night in Seattle at Pier 66 near the French Consulate. 'I Am Charlie': Seattle remembers terrorism victims. Spicy beef and bean burrito for breakfast. France 24 is solid Charlie Hebdo. Charlie Hebdo is a satirical magazine, published every Wednesday... It can be vulgar, irreverent and anti-authoritarian. I watched such stuff last night - The Dictator. Sacha Baron Cohen is off the wall! The Eiffel Tower is twinkling until 8PM Paris time. They shut the lights off in silence and mourning. Cartoonists react in solidarity - The pen IS mightier than the sword: Cartoonists across the world deliver a defiant riposte to Charlie Hebdo gunmen. Click there to see many many drawings.
Finally! I walk my bike down to Velo Bike Shop. I bike around Belltown for a little tour. Pass by the Belltown Community Center. Oh, my! The Belltown Artwalk is tomorrow. Should I go?
Bike down to Bell Street Park. Zig-zag up to my place. I like the new bike lanes. But after a few minutes, my hands are freezing. So much for my little joy ride. I walk into my apartment with my bike. Whew! It's 77° and toasty. I skipped lunch. I'm hungry and tired. Black bean soup for dinner. Watch movie - Soylent Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment