Friday, January 9, 2015

vrijdag 9 januari 2015

vrijdag 9 januari 2015 Up at 6:20. thai-style chicken noodle soup with fried egg on top. Turn on Stephanie Miller. Satirist and Muslim Dean Obeidallah talks with Steph about the attacks in Paris. Switch to France 24. Dramatic developments in Paris as the Gendarmerie confront the shooters.
Charlie Hebdo suspects killed, ‘several hostages freed’ at Paris market. My thoughts are with the French people, no one should never fear free speech. Je penses au peuple Français. La liberté d'opinion et d'expression est l'une des premières libertés politiques et plus généralement des libertés fondamentales. Walk around the Denny Triangle. Interesting. Pigs On The Wing.
Music from KEXP - The Hold Steady: Stay Positive. Over to Pike Place Market. Visit Crêpe de France... but I don't buy anything. Oh! They serve espresso. Man! I don't have any money for Rachel. Walk home for lunch. Hummus and beef bologna for lunch. In honor of Nicolas Cage's 51st birthday (belated), I watch Moonstruck. I can't believe it! In 1987, Nick was only 23-years-old. Bring me the big knife! Hey! Some Seahawks' pride glowing from a parking garage.
It's about a mile to walk to Bell Street. Nice little crowd at the Belltown Community Center. Mark Morgan has a galary of his photographs. He seems to love Seattle.  No Place I've Ever Seen.
A lot of the Belltown Artwalk is actually inside various restaurants. I have to admit that I enjoy walking through the neighborhood. Brings back memories. Art is integrated into Belltown. I love The Eye. It used to live at the old Mars Cafe, now it lives at the Ace Hotel. A big bowl of spaghetti with Ragù sauce for dinner. Watch a good ol' John Wayne movie: In Harm's Way. It's in honor of my poor, sick dad in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment