Monday, January 5, 2015

maandag 5 januari 2014

maandag 5 januari 2014 Midnight movie - The Strange World Of Planet X A mad scientist experiments with nature to everyone's peril and possibly demise. Messing with the earth's magnetic field can have dangerous circumstances and it is up to the military to clean up the mess. Lots of dialogue making me sleepy. I make it to the end... Then I conk out. Strange dreams. Up at 6:12. Turn on Stephanie Miller. She's back! The Rude Pundit offers his rude wishes for '15. Cool haiku, Rude. These Haiku Annihilate 2014! And They Are Everything!
Fettuccini carbonara (heavy with the bacon) for breakfast. Clean the kitchen while listening KUOW. Mop the floors. Empty a couple drawers. (I find a stash of incandescent light bulbs.) Throw out junk. It wears me out. An interesting report on Here & Now - Cities Create Housing Specifically For LGBT Seniors In a little more than a decade, one in five Americans will turn 65 or older. I'm getting there. In 2021, I'll turn 65. The rain finally stops, so I step outside for some fresh air. It's a muggy 56° for a short walk around Pike - Pine. Back to my place for a little while. Surf the internet. Check e-mail. I need to stretch my legs some more. Down Union to Pike Place Market to check out what's new and exciting. Actually, it's rather quiet at 3 o'clock. Where the old Scandinavian Deli used to be is now Crêpe de France... offering a place of solace with the pleasure of comfort food. Check out their menu. Ça Goûte Bon!
It's so unusual. Is this nap time for Pike Place? Even the fish mongers are quiet. Veer up Post Alley. What happened to Seattle's Best Coffee? It's Rachel's Ginger Beer. Hard stuff! For me? A Moscow Mule!
Back up Pike. Pass through the Convention Center. I want to join the convention. The American Astronomical Society is having their Winter meeting here. Pretty posters of outer space are hanging through the center. Behold the lovely and talented Andromeda Galaxy.
Watch the news while taking a hot bath. I think that the new manager of The Cambridge likes hot water, too. Aaaaah! That feels good. Watch Star Trek TNG: Brothers. Chicken and potatoes for dinner. At last! The War Of The Worlds on Netflix!

No comments:

Post a Comment