Sunday, January 11, 2015

zondag 11 januari 2015

zondag 11 januari 2015 Up at 4:14. Turn on France 24 right away. It's the Paris Unity March. La marche républicaine.
So much energy in the Place de la République. This is amazing. This is historic! More than 50 world leaders join the demonstration. People climb up the monument - the bronze statue of Marianne.
Today, I feel a great sense of solidarity with the people of France as they march up Blvd Voltaire.
I'm having flashbacks to Paris. Place de la République used to be my neighborhood. I used to shop at Monoprix République all the time. I spent 28 days in Paris from Sept. to Oct. '92. I still have a diary of those days. Memories. Incredible memories. The scene there must be electrifying for the Paris Unity March. I wonder if I can still get a delicious bowl of couscous on Blvd Voltaire. But so many people gathering together for Charlie... Incredible! It's historic! My poster of my trip to Paris '92. International support. Paris welcomes world leaders for mass unity rally, under high security. What a beautiful pink sunset!
Even though the sun sets, the rally seems to rev up.
Potatoes and fried egg for breakfast. I'm trying to bring my brain back to the United States. Switch to MSNBC to watch Up With Steve Kornacki. His show deals with the rally in Paris as well as issues of anti-Semitism and the political situation in France (and American politics). Vegetable soup for lunch. turn off the news. It's 47° with a brief period of drizzle. Walk up to Broadway Market to get some sherry. Walk past the Broadway Farmer's Market. A few seagulls singing their sad songs. Back to my place. Start a new series - Outcasts.
Mussels with linguini for dinner. It's delicious. Finally... Enfin! Watch Paris, Je T'aime. Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment